Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mission 101 progress report.

I originally posted my Mission 101 list here, so I thought I'd post the update here, also.

I so need to update my 101 things list, but I've been working so hard on trying to accomplish some of the goals, that I really haven't had time. In addition to that, I am much too busy playing silly farming games when I do sit down at the computer.
I've been making some pretty good progress in my yard and that is saying a lot. I'm sure I could do a lot more if:
A. I wasn't so tired all the time.
B. I didn't have a computer.
C. I had never started playing Farm Town and other facsimiles.
D. I was younger. (I could do a lot more at 52 than I can at 59.)
E. I made lists and stuck to them. ( I make lists. I really do. I never look at them once they are written.)
F. I was retired and could stay home all day.

Even so, I am making pretty good progress and it's been a pretty good summer. I've noticed however that my social goals are quite lacking in accomplishment. When I take a vacation from my job, I take it to work on my house and yard. I need to learn how to take a vacation to do nothing except go places and see people.

I accidentally saw a good friend of mine in making a simple decision about where to go for lunch. But seeing friends should be planned or included in plans, not accidental. I'm working on that. I have gotten better at getting together with people, but it's a slow process for me. I'm a hermit by nature. I know to some people I seem really social. Even when I take social ability type tests or quizzes I am often labeled an extrovert, but really, I'm not. I answer the questions with what I actually do instead of what I would like to do. When you have kids, you have to learn to be social and include others in your life. That's just how it is. So even though I've learned how to cope and even be fun in social situations, I am by nature a loner and a recluse. (in other words, God gave me kids for a reason?) Who knows? But someday I would still love to live alone.

I have been able to get together with my grandkids more. I also am still working on going to my friends sometimes instead of always wanting them to come here. In other words, getting out of the house. I have a date with my nephew in September sometime to go on a photo shooting drive. I will probably include my friend, Jewel, in that if I can. It will depend on her work schedule and his. I've been taking photos like mad. I love my new camera but already want a newer one. Probably in part because I was duped in getting that one. NEVER do business with TVs Depot. NEVER! It's a fair warning, so heed it!

I was supposed to be blogging regularly and also reading new blogs and commenting. One of the problems I have with that is my name I think. When I click the "next blog" button on Blogspot it sends me to blogs written in Spanish. I think they are basing that on assumptions because of my last name, which is actually Filipino. It's frustrating for me and I give up. Maybe I will just start picking out blogs on my friends's reading list or go to Nablopomo's site and pick some. I really don't have the time to read blogs, though. Or, more accurately, I can't stay awake long enough to read and comment on more than one blog. But I will work on this. I did make comments in both my "t-shirt surgery" community and my 100_Snapshots community, so that counts. I also made some progress on my list and I'm almost done with the first list in 100_Snapshots.

So my non-update is sort of an update after all. I will post an update with my list included when it starts to rain again. I have too much to do outside right now to worry about the inside! House cleaning, inside painting, flooring and all that can wait until the weather turns. I don't want to waste the good weather indoors.
Tags: 101 things in 1001 days, accomplishments, getting there, progress report, update

No comments: