Thirteen Things about me that start with the letter S.
1. Studious...I love to study. Even though I'm not in school, I still like to study and research. I've been doing a lot of research lately on many subjects.
2. Silly...I love a good time being silly. This is especially fun if you add a couple of small children.
3. Sarcastic...I enjoy a little sarcasm now and then. The funny thing is that I don't always recognize it when I'm on the receiving end because I'm a little bit gullible.
4. Sensuous...I'm a Taurus. Need I say more? My senses were always highly tuned. As I age I struggle with the declining of the senses, especially smell and taste. I love activities that saturate my senses.
5. Smart...My IQ is still between 125 and 150, depending on which test I take and whether or not I am tired when I take it. (I test it regularly because of the memory issues I have.) When I was younger it was 164. Even though I'm smart, I'm still very gullible and sometimes naive about things. I'm very good at completely missing subtle (and not-so-subtle) jokes.
6. Second...I'm the second of six children; three boys and three girls. The youngest boy is twenty years younger than I am.
7. Senior...I'm officially a Senior citizen. I forget most of the time and don't remember that I can get a discount on things.
8. Short...I'm tall for a short person at 5'4", but I'm still short compared to a tall person.
9. Sense of humor...I don't know how anyone survives this life without a sense of humor. I know it keeps me going. I thank my mom for giving me a great sense of humor.
10. Sensible...I have a lot of common sense. Again, I credit my mom. She taught us a lot of common sense stuff. I don't need warnings like this:
11. Slow...Another Taurus trait is plodding like an ox. Yeah. So what? I move slowly when I'm not sure which way I'm going. I am an excellent procrastinator and use this skill to my advantage when I don't know which way to go. Some of my friends find my slow, plodding ways annoying. I'm ok with that. When I want to light the fire under myself for getting a project done, I plan a party. That forces me to finish things or get to things that I otherwise put off.
12. Sensitive...Sometimes I am too sensitive for my own good. It can get annoying, both to myself and to others. I take things personally sometimes, that aren't meant to be personal at all. I've tried most of my life to get a thicker skin, but it just doesn't work for me at all. I've learned to deal with it. Hopefully, others can learn to deal with it, also.
13. Strong...I am strong in many ways. I am still strong physically, but not as strong as I used to be and that annoys me. I am strong emotionally in some ways, but not in all ways. I have strong opinions, but seldom argue them unless I have a good debating partner. I enjoy a good debate when two people (or more) can each share their opinion, disagree, and still come out friends. My opinions were much stronger when I was younger. Now, it's more like, 'heh, whatever!'.