Friday, July 09, 2010

The floor.

Here are what pictures I have of the floor going down in the big bedroom that used to be mine. It is currently being occupied by Nikki, David and Daelin. It looks so much bigger in there now. I think that is partly because of the flooring, partly because they left the closet doors off and partly because my bed is monstrously big, while theirs is more normal sized.

Starting out.



Putting it down.



David and Jeren both helped on this project. The colors aren't really true for the walls, but the floor is pretty accurate. It is cherry. The room walls are a grayish sage green and the closet matches the bathroom walls. It is kind of a sandy color with a goldish tint. I mixed both colors myself.



Showing the paint job. The holes in the closet are not really holes, but the brackets for the closet maid assembly. I took it all down to paint and so that they could reconfigure it around Nikki's and Daelin's dressers.



This is the only picture I have right now of the almost finished room, but I will take some more after I get the trim back down and the new light installed. I'm also installing a new window.







4 comments:

Christine said...

It looks great!

The Invisible Mo said...

Thanks!

Sue said...

Good job! it looks great!

The Invisible Mo said...

Thanks, Sue!