Sunday, January 09, 2011

Friends...the definition and some quotes.

You have a good life if you have even just one good friend. I'm not sure if that is a quote or just a thought. I read a lot and maybe I read it somewhere, but friends sure do make traveling through this life easier. Here is the definition I found online. I think I could come up with more definitions if I gave it a minute, but I slept in today and I'm trying to finish rearranging my farms so I can spend less time farming and more time being productive. Tomorrow I begin my whirling dervish period, so today was my last lazy day! Wish me luck on my projects!



friend (frnd)
n.
1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
4. One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement: friends of the clean air movement.



Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer.
Author Unknown

A friend is someone who knows all about you, and loves you just the same.
Proverb

The road to a friend's house is never long.
Danish Proverb

Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
Helen Keller

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow;
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead;
Walk beside me, and just be my friend.
Albert Camus

A friend is a gift you give yourself.
Robert Louis Stevenson

It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.
Marlene Dietrich

I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.
Plutarch

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked.
Author Unknown

No comments: