Wednesday, June 09, 2010

A thousand cranes...

Today's writing prompt.

Japanese lore suggests that if you fold 1,000 paper cranes, your wish will come true. What would your wish be, and what would you be willing to do 1,000 times to get it?


I have a mobile that hangs in my living room that is made of paper cranes. You can almost see it in this picture.

It isn't hanging right this minute because I took it down to paint. It was made by my son, Sean, when he was little. It is one of my favorite things.

I would fold a thousand cranes to see him again and have him back in the family where he belongs. I miss him and his son, Trenton. Why do people have to be selfish with the people in their lives? Life is so short. I don't understand things sometimes.


I will learn to fold cranes. I wonder how long it will take to fold a thousand.

No comments: