Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yesterday down at Port of Tacoma

It was a gray day yesterday, with rain and dark clouds, but I took some pictures anyway, while waiting around at the Port's medical clinic. It is a very noisy place, with semi-trucks whizzing by constantly and the cranes lifting and dropping containers. It was interesting to me that, as the trucks rolled by me, the sidewalk actually bounced. It felt like mini-earthquakes.

There is a place next to the clinic that grinds up log leftovers into beauty bark. It smelled really nice. It was chilly enough that the bark was steaming as it came out of the grinder shack and onto the conveyor belts.

Conveyor belt delivering ground bark to the pile.


The steam coming off the bark.



A little shack behind the grinder shack.


The container cranes that take the containers off the ships and also put them on the ships.




The truck that lifts the containers onto and off from the semi-trailer beds.



I love to watch these things work. I miss working at the boat.



Another view of the cranes. I love these things.



I need to find out what these are because I want some. They are growing on a bush.



Again.



A rhododendron at the clinic.

No comments: