1. A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.
2. A strong fear, dislike, or aversion.
If you wish to find a complete list of phobias, from a to z, I found these at: http://phobialist.com/
Thirteen Phobias I Never Knew Existed:
1. Walloonphobia- Fear of the Walloons.
(I looked it up and a Walloon is someone from, and/or the language of, southern Belgium.)
2. Technophobia- Fear of technology.
(Probably no one reading this blog)
3. Sesquipedalophobia- Fear of long words.
(Don't tell them what they have...you'll scare them.)
4. Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
(Reminds me of supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Who came up with this word?)
5. Logizomechanophobia- Fear of computers.
(I guess none of us have this one.)
6. Lachanophobia- Fear of vegetables.
(Thank goodness I don't have this one.)
7. Ideophobia- Fear of ideas.
(Or this one )
8. Phobophobia- Fear of phobias
(So if you have the fear of the fear of phobias, do you have phobophobophobia?)
9. Philosophobia- Fear of philosophy.
10. Ephebiphobia- Fear of teenagers.
(I think anyone who's had a teenager has had this one. haha.)
11. Cyberphobia- Fear of computers or working on a computer.
(Another one that I'm glad I don't have.)
12. Auroraphobia- Fear of Northern lights.
13. Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.