Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Today's big news!

Ok...twice now I hit the enter button instead of the tab and published my post with an empty space where the blog should have been! haha. I so need a brain. If anyone has an extra one, please send it my way.


So on to my big news! I painted most of my living room today. I will finish it tomorrow, but I wanted the bird's area to be completely dry and hardened before I put them back in place. I also need to nail down the floor trim. Even though I will be replacing the floor, I want the trim down for now. It could be awhile before I get the floor done in here. I have other things that will need to be done before I can do the floor. I have some trim that was given to me free and so it is no loss if I don't keep it. The walls are long enough that I will only have to do minimal cutting so I could still use it again if I like.

I would post a picture showing the paint, but it is too late now. I will take some pics tomorrow and post them then.

The color is green, but it is a very specific green that I took from the rug that was down on the floor when I decided that I wanted to paint. I am such a good procrastinator, though, that the rug is now long gone. I still like the color, though, and especially now that it is on the walls. It is a bright green. I would describe it as a light olive green with lime thrown in for fun. When people ask me I tell them it is "pukey" green. That's the nearest I can do, but I love it and it's exactly what I wanted. I NEVER pay full price for paint because I can mix my own colors, so I always buy returned paints. Always, that is, until I wanted this color. I hand picked this color and paid the full price to be sure it was what I wanted. The ceiling and trim are white. I'm not sure what the floor will be yet. I got couch covers that are striped in gray, tan, white and brown. I am going to use a lot of brown accents. I think I will make a cover for the little waiting room couch in either gray or the white. I haven't decided yet. I want the curtains to be brown, but I might change my mind about that. I have to go look at fabric before I make a final decision. I am so excited to finally have a decorated living room again. It should be done before summer. I'm not sure if I can get it done before my birthday or not. Cost will be a factor in that because I will need a rug and I want a square one and they are not easy to find and not cheap when found.
I'm just so excited to finally be decorating my living room. It's been a long time coming.

It may not be the most exciting news in the world to anyone else, but to me it is BIG news! LOL.

No comments: