Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cooking, cooking, cooking.






I tried this recipe for Onion Marmalade the other day. I'm not sure what happened but mine did not smell heavenly. I tasted it a bit and it has a bit of a sour taste, so maybe the onions I used were just a little too sour? It isn't really a bad taste, but it tastes like I added vinegar and I didn't. I only used the two ingredients, onions and butter. I did add three red onions, but that shouldn't have mattered because there are recipes for red onion marmalade. I might try it again and use sweet onions or maybe just try a different recipe. Some of them even call for liquor or wine. I will have to research this more.
Today I started my second batch of SARC butter. It smells heavenly, already. I also put on a big pot of water and made some veggie sinagong. I used chicken bouillion and no meat at all. I am taking some to work with me for my lunch.
My house smells heavenly, today. It's a good thing, too, because we were all getting pretty sick of the smell that onion marmalade produced. I'm hoping the next batch will smell like I had anticipated.
Getting ten pounds of cranberries turned out to be a really good thing for me. I have been cooking and canning and baking and cooking and canning and baking and feel all in the mood to continue this until and through Christmas. I have stocked up on all the things I need to make Christmas cookies and fruitcake and lots of goodies. It's a good thing, too! That might just be the presents I give this year. I always think home made things are the best for Christmas presents, especially for those people who seem to already have everything they need.
Ok...time to get ready for work. I need to start starting my blog a little sooner. I'm pushing the time limits these days.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Makes me want to make some apple pie or apple crisp from real apples just to smell the house up real good. Nothing smells better than that.