Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Just some more pictures from our drive to Gray's River.

Today I just have some of the interesting things around the Gray's River Bridge that I saw that day.

This tree had a bunch of ferns growing on it. I saw a few trees like that on our trip.


A barn on Loop Rd.



I'm not sure if this is an abandoned garage, home or ?. It has a tin roof. It is very square and has windows and doors. It's not too far from a nice little pond, but I was not at an angle to get the pond in the picture. Also on Loop Rd.


This rope was thrown over this post as if it was waiting to be used again. The post is next to the bridge. Do they use it to swing into the river? Or? Who knows?


A nicely carved sign announcing the addresses of the two homes up this driveway. Weathered a bit, but that's why I like it.


I just liked this tree. The hawk was a volunteer and I didn't know he/she was even there until I saw the picture on my computer.


Gosh, I love old barns. There were cows outside this one, but I'm thinking they don't really use this anymore.


I tried to get an effect with the grass in front of me and the barn in the background. It didn't work quite the way I expected.


A wind vane that was put up next to the mailboxes, but has obviously seen better days. I liked the idea, though.

No comments: