Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Mario, anyone?

I don't have a lot of time for blogging today, but here is a nice picture blog for you. Imagine my surprise when I came across these mushrooms while on our trip to the ocean! I thought they were just the cartoon invention of whoever thought up the Mario games! LOL. But here they are in real life sprouting out of the ground at the Twin Harbors State Park. I had no idea! They are not all bright red like these in the following photos. Some are more of an orange red and some are orange or brown. I have more pictures which I will post when I do a blog on some of the other mushrooms I found there. Enjoy!

















3 comments:

Becky said...

I have to show this to Ben.

Christine said...

They are Mario mushrooms. I always thought they were fiction!

The Invisible Mo said...

Oh, yes, Becky. That would be great! He will love it.
I thought so, too, Chris. I never really thought about it much. They are very large as mushrooms go, too. That group of three covers almost a foot of ground and the caps are almost the size of a tennis ball.