Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cleaning things out.



Blueberry bushes on Moon Road in Rochester, Washington.


I've been going through paperwork and all kinds of stuff in order to find some order in the chaos that has ensued from children moving in, moving out, moving in and moving out. haha. There sure doesn't seem to be an empty nest syndrome in my future. Maybe some day I will get to experience that. I'm not really complaining. I don't mind the company most of the time and they are pretty good at sharing the space. I can't say it's been rough because it hasn't. It's been fun spending more time with the babies.

Tonight I was going through a collection of things I had saved for various reasons. I have some patterns for furniture, ideas for crafts, scraps of paper with things the kids said, and some things I thought were cute and might want to use someday. Saying all that to say...tonight's blog is something I had saved to recopy because I find it humorous. Now mind you the numbers are based on whenever this was written and the paper it is on is pretty yellowed by now, so I'm sure it was quite a few years ago, but the idea is still humorous and if the numbers were adjusted I am sure the ratio would remain the same. So without further ado, here it is:


I'm Tired

Yes, I'm tired. 
For several years I have been blaming it on middle-age, iron poor blood, lack of vitamins, air pollution, water pollution, saccharin, obesity, dieting, underarm odor, yellow wax build-up, and a dozen other maladies that make you wonder if life is really worth living.
But now I find out it isn't that.
I'm tired because I am overworked.
The population of this country is 200 million. 84 million are retired. That leaves 116 million to do the work. There are 75 million in school, which leaves 41 million to do the work. Of this total, there are 22 million employed by the government. That leaves 19 million to do the work. 4 million are in the armed forces, which leaves 15 million to do the work. 
Take from that total the 14,800,000 people who work for state and city government and that leaves 200,000 to do the work. There are 188,000 in hospitals, so that leaves 12,000 to do the work. 
Now, there are 11,988 people in prisons. That leaves just two people to do the work. You and me. And you are sitting there reading this. No wonder I'm tired. 

LOL.

No comments: